Options

My Grundig Hasnt Moved Back An Hour...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 636
Forum Member
✭✭
Had it for 3 years now! everytime the clocks have moved back or forward its always done it automatically! But its still showing 10.05 at the moment. What can i do, or will it update later? Ive seen the other thread about EPG. Is this a problem nationally with DTT?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I emailed the bbc about this and they have replied within 10 minutes as follows

Thank you for your e-mail.

The clock change went through automatically overnight in most parts of
    the country but we have been made aware of an engineering fault with the
    timestamp in certain areas.

We alerted BBC engineers who tell us that the matter is being urgently
    addressed. We apologise to any viewers who are experiencing problems.

Very very quick response
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My FDT500 hasn't either :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Nor my Sony DTX V800
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Same with my Audioline FTA3000 on Belmont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Same with my Matsui TUTV from Sandy Heath, strange.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Neither has my Matsui DTR1 changed - still resolutely showing 10-40am!!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Had it for 3 years now! everytime the clocks have moved back or forward its always done it automatically! But its still showing 10.05 at the moment. What can i do, or will it update later? Ive seen the other thread about EPG. Is this a problem nationally with DTT?

Set the clock manually.

:p
    Old Gregg wrote:
    Same with my Matsui TUTV from Sandy Heath, strange.

The correct time is being broadcast from Sandy Heath, as my Nokia Mediamaster is showing the correct time after putting it into 'Standby' and back 'On'.

:)
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jratkinson wrote:
    The correct time is being broadcast from Sandy Heath, as my Nokia Mediamaster is showing the correct time after putting it into 'Standby' and back 'On'.

:)

My Mediamaster is also showing the right time.
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still showing wrong time up in Manchester from Winter Hill near Bolton
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Bromsgrove which recives as relay from Sutton Colfeled, Times is fright on EPG & Digital text but still wrong on anaguge teletext!
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    jratkinson wrote:
    Set the clock manually.

I don't think I have an option for that.

Hmm, I'll try that here. My VCR didn't change either, it normally does.

Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im living just outside Bedford so receiving from Sandy Heath and the clock is staying 1 hour fast and there is no option to change the clock. If there was i would not have started the topic on it!
  • Options
    Simon6776Simon6776 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my boxes and DVDRs have also not changed to GMT. I am in the Heathfield area. I hope this gets sorted by this evening, as there's no manual way to change the time on my STBs, is there? I don't even think you can switch to another time server (ITV), like I can with my Sony DVDRs and VCRs, as the boxes are locked to BBC. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    How would you go about changing to a different time server (ie ITV) on a Sony DVDR or VCR?

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my pioneer freeview box has but my sony one hasn't which puzzeled me. also my vcr's haven't gone back an hour and teletext hasn't either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    My Sony TV has not updated but my Durabrand box I bought yesterday has!

On Crystal Palace transmitter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Same here in Bristol.
    Noticed though that BBC Teletext still an hour out but ITV OK.
    My radio controlled watch and clock is still wrong - would this be part of the same problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Richard82 wrote:
    My radio controlled watch and clock is still wrong - would this be part of the same problem?
    I doubt it. Mine changed themselves automatically as usual so the Rugby transmitter must be sending out the correct thing.

The analogue BBC text is still showing BST, with a message at the bottom about an 'engineering fault'. However my freeview box (DHD4000) did change its clock correctly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Strangely, the radio clock in the weather station we have did change to the correct time for a while and then reverted back to BST.
    Weird things are happening!
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Got both my new Pioneer DVD-R 530H and old Sony VCR to update after having first changed the 'host' time channel to Channel 4, this morning - both were on 'Auto' time change, however but may have been set to a BBC channel (can't remember, now).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    My Sony DVB TV has changed. But my sony DVB DVD-R Hasnt Strange Eh! :confused:
  • Options
    James LawrenceJames Lawrence Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Simply switching the mains power off and on again a couple of times should reset the time on most boxes.
    The time is being correctly broadcast, it just that your box has failed to adjust itself.

By switching it of and on, it re-searches for the correct time, just as if you had just bought the box and were switching it on for the first time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Simply switching the mains power off and on again a couple of times should reset the time on most boxes.
    The time is being correctly broadcast, it just that your box has failed to adjust itself.

By switching it of and on, it re-searches for the correct time, just as if you had just bought the box and were switching it on for the first time.

I've already tryed that but nothing. The strangest thing is, On my DVD-R The Digi Text Says one hour ahead. BUT The digi Text On my TV is right???? Odd And It Confuses the hell out of me!
  • Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But if it uses the TOT (Time Offset Table) rather than the TDT (Time and Date Table) and the offset of 1 hour hasn't been removed ?...
  • Options
    IanUKIanUK Posts: 36
    Forum Member

Nope, the time is being incorrectly broadcast, thats the problem, there is a message on analogue telextext now about the error and BBC digital teletext is still an hour out.